Harper Adams University Scholarship with Oxbury Bank
The Role: Agricultural Banking Specialist
Reporting Line: Regional Agricultural Manager
Role Level: 6
Location: Chester Offices
We are Oxbury: The only UK bank dedicated to British agriculture. This is the first Bank in the UK since the 1920’s created for farmers. Founded by farmers, bankers, and technologists, we have combined the worlds of financial services, technology, and agriculture to provide bespoke financial products to support the rural economy.
Our mission is to create and grow a sustainable, customer-focused, and innovative bank that supports and champions the financial health of the rural economy, collaborating with farmers and key suppliers to lend to just one sector – farming.
About the Role
There are 4 cornerstones of the service that Oxbury provides to the farming community & rural economy: -
- Excellent customer service when executing tasks requested by the Bank or by the farmer customer, always completed in an efficient, polite, and capable manor.
- Building personal relationships with our customer and professional partners to ensure we understand their business and meet their banking needs.
- Offering competitive savings and borrowing rates
- Secure online and mobile platforms that are intuitive and easy to use – allowing the farmer and distributor to self-service wherever possible.
The Agricultural Banking Specialist specifically aligned to the (Oxbury Farm Credit) and campaign products team which is office based and customer facing. The role is a critical part of Oxbury’s customer service offering.
Although this role will be office based it will also involve accompanied external distributor and farmer visits in order to support and grow our customer base. You will also work closely with the wider sales team and credit risk managers to gain experience and develop your skills.
Job Specifics (but not limited to)
- Learn how to conduct the primary functions of an Agricultural banking professional
- Manage inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner, follow communications scripts when handling various products.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
- Build sustainable relationships through sound Agricultural & horticultural knowledge and good communication skills
- Keep accurate records of customer data in a comprehensible way and learn to navigate Oxbury’s IT systems.
- Process volumes of lending requests directly with farming customers by telephone and eventually on farm.
- Learn to develop relationships with Oxbury’s valued distribution partners including participating in the delivery of collaborative campaigns.
- Learn about and maintain the banks risk and security procedures in line with Oxbury’s best practice framework.
- Maintain & enhance Oxbury banks position and reputation as the UK’s specialist agricultural banking provider.
Observed and demonstrable characteristics
- Friendly, outgoing, high integrity, honesty, hardworking and willing to learn. These are the building blocks for a successful career with Oxbury.
- We aim to continually develop your skills, we offer online and classroom courses to enhance business, technical and life skills.
Minimum Skills / Experience
- Possess a general willingness to learn.
- Learn to interpret and critique Credit Reference Agency report and financial information.
- Develop the ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills.
- Rapport building skills.
- Confident and self-motivated.
- Resilient nature.