Personal Easy Access Account (Issue 1): 4.94% AER Variable Rate
Personal Easy Access Account (Issue 1)
- Interest will only accrue on balances above £1,000 and up to £500,000.
- If your balance falls below £1,000 after account opening, you will not receive interest on the balance.
- You will also receive interest on balances above £500,000, where those balances have resulted from interest being accrued to the account.
- The interest rate is variable. Interest is calculated daily and is paid every month with reference to the date of receipt of your first deposit and credited to your account.
|Account Balance||Monthly Gross||AER|
|£1,000 - £500,000||4.83%||4.94%|
Oxbury can make changes to your interest rate. Where your balance is over £100, any reductions in the interest rate will be communicated to you providing at least 14 calendar days’ notice. Where we increase your rate or we decrease it when you have a balance below £100, we’ll usually make the change immediately and notify you as soon as possible. Our Deposit Terms and Conditions set out the circumstances when we may change the interest rate, such as where our cost of funding increases as a result of changes in the Bank of England base rate.
Please note this account is NOT linked to the Bank of England base rate so fluctuations in the base rate will not automatically be reflected in the interest rate applicable to your account.
Below is an example of what the future balance might be for an account balance of £1,000 with interest paid annually. We have also shown the estimated balance for a £50,000 deposit. The projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
|Initial Deposit||Gross rate||Balance after 12 months||Interest Earned|
The estimated balance projections assume that:
- The account is opened with the amount stated and interest starts being earned straight away
- No further deposits or any withdrawals are made
- The interest is paid every month with reference to the date of receipt of your first deposit and credited to your account
- The interest rate does not change
- To open this account you must:
- agree to this Personal Easy Access Account Product Summary and our General Terms and Conditions, including Part B of the General Terms and Conditions, which apply to your Personal Easy Access Account.
- be an individual aged 18 or over.
- have a UK current bank account in your name, this will be the account you use to make payments in and out of your Oxbury personal easy access account. This will be known as your 'Linked Account’
- be resident in the UK (including for tax purposes). Our accounts cannot be held in trust or by US Persons (meaning US citizens, residents, green card holders or taxpayers in respect of their worldwide income)
- apply from a desktop, laptop or tablet device.
- Once you have applied for your account you will then need a smartphone to use our iOS or Android App to access the Oxbury Online Banking platform. Android users will need to log in using the authenticator app and a separate device to access their Online Banking Platform.
- You can send us instructions in relation to your account via Oxbury Online Banking Platform or in the Oxbury App.
- The maximum amount that can be held in the account is £500,000. We will allow balances to exceed the maximum amount where it is a result of interest applied paid into the account. However, we will return other deposits that take your account over its maximum limit.
- You must make your initial deposit within 90 days of opening the account. If the minimum deposit balance of £1,000 is not met during this period your account will automatically be closed and any funds deposited returned to your Linked Account
- If you change your mind within 14 days, and wish to close the account, we will return any money you have paid into your Oxbury account to your Linked Account and close your account.
- The minimum device requirements are for iPhones running iOS 12.4. or above or Android devices running Android 7 (Nougat) or above
- This account is not intended for day to day transactions
- YES. You can close your account and / or withdraw up to the full balance of your account subject to our cut-off times:
- You will be able to close your account, make a withdrawal to your Linked Account or transfer to another of your Oxbury Accounts, provided your instruction is received before 1.00pm on a Working Day and passes our payment validation requirements.
- Any instructions received after the cut-off time will be processed on the next Working Day.
- You will receive your money into your Linked Account by the end of the Working Day your instruction was processed.
- You cannot cancel an instruction on the day it is due to be processed.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates the interest rate if it was paid and compounded once each year.
Accounts can be withdrawn from sale at any time and without notice.
We pay all savings interest gross, which means no tax is deducted.
If you would like more information, please contact us before you open your new account.
Your eligible deposits with Oxbury are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK’s deposit guarantee scheme.
Here is the guide to link to.
You can find out if your money is protected in two easy steps by using the FSCS Protection Checker at protected.fscs.org.uk.